Help save our Koalas!
An exciting new project aiming to protect and expand Koala populations in the Sydney Basin (Newcastle to Blue Mountains to Nowra). Koalas have been listed as endangered, but there is much we can do to save them.
- The Sydney Koala Network (SKN) has been established by Total Environment Centre (created in 1972 with a long track record of environment protection), with 3 year funding from WIRES, with the objectives of:
- Increasing public knowledge and appreciation of the Sydney Basin’s Koala populations through surveys, events, a variety of communication channels and community briefings.
Informing local, state and federal governments about the existence, conservation status of and threats to the Koala populations and effective measures to protect them and expand their range.
- Utilising citizen science according to a credible survey methodology to monitor the populations and record the sightings on a database accessible in the public domain.
- Support community groups to protect Koala habitat by support for surveys and the provision of information and policies.
- Working with non-government groups, scientists, corporates, and conservation agencies to achieve these aims.
You will be joining the Total Environment Centre and working with our scientific, legal and communications consultants and a 3dpw Coordinator (who focuses on the citizen science activities).
- Your key duties are:
- Manage the timely delivery of strategies, studies, milestone reports, events, website, and communications program.
- Facilitate operation of the Sydney Koala Network of non-government groups and experts (meetings, internal comms, implement decisions)
- Supervise staff, volunteers, and interns.
- External stakeholder and media liaison
- Review key studies, strategies, budget, and milestone reports with the Executive Director.
- Effective management of budget
- Budget reports working with the Accounts Manager
- Preparation of grant applications
- Other duties as required
- Proven commitment to environment protection.
- Knowledge and experience in executing a broad range of activities for small to mid-size organisations.
- Diploma level qualifications in a relevant discipline (project management) or equivalent experience.
- A highly organised person that is able to communicate clearly and confidently.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting non-government groups, event planning and project delivery
- Experience in communications programs, social media and managing websites.
- Strong planning skills, including project management, time management, and record keeping with the ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks.
- Excellent communication skills interpersonal, written, oral and listening.
- Experience with MS Office applications (Excel, Word etc.) intermediate level, minimum.
- Able to work in a team.
- Permanent resident or Australian citizen.
- Fully vaccinated (sighting of COVID-19 certificate required.
Employer: Total Environment Centre
Classification/s: Environment & Sustainability
Work Type/s: Full time 7.6hpd, 38hrpw. Mix of home and office based available
Project Manager Salary: $80,000pa plus super and leave loading
Conditions: SCHADS Award, NES applies. TEC does not pay overtime, but allows time-in-lieu subject to agreement
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Location: Sydney (Surry Hills)
Period: 3 years (includes 3 months probation period). Extension contingent on funding
Responsible to: Executive Director
Applications (marked 'SKN Project Manager') to: [email protected]
By: 28 August 2022 - 5:00pm AEST