Sydney needs to be built on the principles of environmental sustainability – with green spaces, more trees, cooler suburbs, thriving natural ecosystems, walkability and achieving climate action.
But now the Minister for Planning, Anthony Roberts, at the behest of the developer lobby, has ditched crucial principles and development rules brought in by his predecessor to make the city greener and healthier for its citizens and net zero ready (see SMH articles below).
The climate emergency demands strong and effective action. It's the most important environmental reform to planning and the future of your city and town, in decades.
We can’t let the developers win!
- Internal govt docs reveal developer lobbying (SMH, 10/8/22)
- Minister bows to developers (SMH, 05/04/22)
- Minister scraps plan to consider climate risk (SMH, 22/3/22) - "NSW Planning Minister Anthony Roberts scrapped a requirement to consider the risks of floods and fires before building new homes only two weeks after it came into effect and while the state was reeling from a deadly environmental disaster."
- Sydney now at mercy of developers - oped by Jeff Angel (SMH 22/03/22)
- Download Design and Place SEPP Briefing
Send a message to the NSW Premier and Minister for Planning
You can edit the email subject and add/amend the message. Your email will be sent directly to the NSW Premier The Hon. Dominic Perrottet and the Minister for Planning The Hon. Anthony Roberts.